Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/28/12 EVENING TRIP



Launched at my usual spot around 330. Got to my flat around 4. After piddling around i finally found the reds. I spooked a bunch, but then they settled down. First red of the day


not 5 minutes later in the same spot

2 casts later i manage this little guy

15 mins later i pick up his twin brother but he was bleeding so i quickly revived him and released him.
I hit the top side of an island casting to a drop off and i get a solid hookup. Big snook! he eventually does his cirque de soleil flip and tosses my jighead at my forehead. Oh well, back at the reds.
another smallie

The flats calmed down as the tide came to a hault and the sun started to get lower on the horizon so i decided to go to the interior spots. A few more snook jumps and a couple landed trout i find myself chasing a wake. Not sure what it was so i throw my lure at it. Blammo!!

Not a bad day on the water. Total was 7 reds, 3 snook, 2 trout. 3 hours on the water and done. Note to self: no seeums and skeeters are back, bring bug spray next time :)


KEEP IT HARDCORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment