Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Prefishing for the Feb 18 HKCAC tournament

Monday Feb 6 2012 I launched with a fellow kayaker to do some prefishing for the upcoming tournament. Redfish and trout were the target. Not many early in the morning, but as the sun stayed up and the water warmed i was able to fully sight cast my first RED! Most of the time its usually a tail, a wake, or even a pothole that i cast to. This guy i saw the whole thing happen. He was cruising with some sheeps and i made the cast over him to intersect his path. Well, he saw it as soon as it hit the water and clobbered it. Nice fat boy 26.5"
I managed 8 reds for the day and 4 trout. I didnt get too many pictures because i was focused on trying to find the fish. Here is a nice 23" red that was really pretty and had a beautiful blue tail.
As the storm approached that later blew me off the water, the trout bite kicked up and i landed this healthy 20" trout.
I should be heading out Saturday Feb 11, 2012. More blogs to come and i will have some Kayak fishing gear, as well as fishing clothing reviews soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment